He loves bath time like sister. This is the first time he was pictured in a boy towel so I felt compelled to include it.
Tuesday: What.A.Day. We were just supposed to go to Lincoln's check up, but we did that and so much more. Long story short: SC threw up on the way (she gets car sick). After being there for like 2 hours, we go out to the Jeep and it doesn't start. Brent leaves work and comes to get us (both kids were awesome as we waited). We were unable to get the Jeep started at that time, so we go home for naps. Wake up and go buy new batteries (for both cars). Sit in the hot sun while Daddy puts a new battery in the car (SC pictured below. She's not as miserable as she looks. She's pretending to go night night). Go back home to drop off the groceries we bought at Sam's. Head back to the doctor's office to put a new battery in the jeep. Feed LS in the parking lot (as people stare as they leave work). Get jeep and FINALLY go home for last time today. Saylor burns her hand on my car wheel. Whew. This was the best bad day I could ask for. The entire time the Lord allowed me to remain thankful for so many things. My kids are pretty much healthy. The babies were able to handle all this in stride. My husband was able to drop eveything and come get us. The car was an easy fix. I knew that the next day all this would not be a big deal. Thank you Lord for your mercy and grace. I certainly felt it on this crazy Tuesday.
Wednesday: We went to Gigi and Ellie Grace's for a playdate and had lunch, too.
| So cute in her Momma's old glasses. |
| Coloring fun with Gigi |
Thursday: The Olingers came over to play in the water. Fun was had by all. The big kids loved playing in the water and SC was content to just walk around and eat Mac's snack :) Side note: This is the time she insisted on wearing this bathing suit. I tried to change her since this one was a little big, but she was having no part of that. She MAY come by that honest.
Sophia and Lincoln got in on the action, too.
Friday: Mom and the other Matheses came over for dinner. We do love having people over. I went out on a limb and cooked some different things than the dinner guest staples. I don't think it was too bad. I'm bummed I didn't take any pictures.
Saturday: We went to a baby shower at the Wagner's for Adam and Shawna and their baby girl. Twas a fabulous time. We got to hang out with tons of people we haven't seen in a while. Eat yummy food.Celebrate baby girl. And Saylor swam in a real pool for the first time. She pointed to the pool and said, "Wawa." Brent asked her is she wanted to get in and she nodded and said, "Yes." She couldn't have loved it more. She and Brent swam for close to 2 hours. She wouldn't get in the float Angela brought for her, but they managed just fine. She's our little fish.
| EG is such a big girl swimming all over by herself. |
Brother at church Sunday night. He was being rowdy so we were hanging in the hall. But I like that we can still hear the sermon. And we signed the church covenant so we are officially official. I love his little button up!
Big girls all matchy matchy.
Saylor did not like being up on that hill I guess. But you get the picture.
Another example of her and her opinionated self. I had some other shorts picked out for he, but she insisted on wearing the bloomers from her dress the day before. And she's figured out that her games and such are in this cabinet. She likes to get it ALL out. At one time :(
No comments:
Post a Comment