When we were deciding where to travel for our honeymoon, we were thinking east, near the mountains. Not a week later Ang told me her dad (Mr. Tim) asked if we wanted to stay in one of his cabins in East Tennessee. Uhh YEAH! Definately a great choice. We both love the mountains and what could be better destination in the fall?? This is why we are glad we chose Gatlinburg:
 |
| How pretty is that?? The mountain that is ;) |
Our trip was overall VERY relaxing and laid back. We left on Sunday morning and arrived in the late afternoon. We decided to stop at the grocery store on the way, so we ended up trekking up the mountain for the first time after dark. MISTAKE. Of course we got lost. Well I guess we technically weren't lost, but we didn't know where we were going. After several dropped calls to Angela and Mr. Tim, we found our way to the beautiful cabin. Here's a brief synopsis of our adventures:
Monday: I was so tired and worn out from the festivities we just stuck around the cabin watching movies and such. No pictures.
Tuesday: We FINALLY got up and moving and ventured out to Cade's Cove. We just leisurely drove through the Cove and stopped to view some of the "attractions" such as old churches, cemeteries, cabins, etc. Later that evening we enjoyed a tasty meal at JT Hannah's (thanks to bro and sis).
 |
| Always gotta do something dangerous |
 |
| Stud | |
 |
| John Oliver's cabin |
 |
| View from John's cabin |
 |
| I wish that was us :( |
 |
| Amazing |
Wednesday: We woke up and it was coooold! But it neat to see the smoke on the mountains.
And it was raining...you know what that means. We stayed at home again :) And again we watched movies and ate.
 |
| Movie time |
 |
| I'm cooking! |
 |
| And this is the result. Thankfully B is a great cook! |
Thursday: Somehow this day I talked Brent into going shopping at the outlet mall. Although we only bought a couple of things (mostly kitcheny stuff) it was a fun trip.
 |
| I included this pic because he captured one of my "faces" haha |
Before shopping, we stopped to take this pic from the lookout near our cabin.
 |
| Probably my fav pic of us from the whole trip |
|
Later that night we went to The Old Mill Restaurant. We had no clue what we were in for. It was an hour and 45 minute wait (and they don't exaggerate) and the amount of food they bring you is unreal. By the time my actual dish came out, I could barely take 4 bites of it. I was all sooo delicious!
During our wait, we took some photos by the mill.
 |
| In front of the mill (literally) |
Friday: We made our back over to Cade's Cove. This time with the intention of hiking (why??).
 |
| Just a funny |
 |
| before the treacherous hike |
 |
| I am NOT a bridge person so of course there are 3 on this hike |
 |
| We made it to the beautiful falls |
 |
| A nice man took our pic and captured the falls too :) |
 |
| Glad we weren't next |
 |
| after the fact |
 |
| please define moderately, please |
|
 |
| My cute driver |
We had to rush home from the Cove to get ready for the Dixie Stampede. I was quite pumped for the event. And it certainly did not disappoint. When they said they served dinner, it was no joke. We got a roll, soup, a whole chicken (for real), pork loin, potato, and an apple fritter. It was all very delicious, but I was especially excited about the dessert because I feel as though I need dessert after every meal. (Is that bad?) Thank you Dolly!
| |
| Not the best, but us at the Stampede |
Well, that's all, folks. We had a fabulous week in the mountains. We headed home Saturday morning to begin REAL life as a married couple.
No comments:
Post a Comment