Friday, August 9, 2013

8 Months

Time has really started to fly! I have been eager for Saylor to meet then normal milestones so far, but now I am begging her STOP! I love her being little and sweet and innocent. She snuggles and giggles and babbles. And it is all just so cute. I don't want her to learn the ways of the world :( Alas, I know she must grow up and I am so thankful she is meeting milestones, but PLEASE just stay cute and little forever Saylor girl!

8 month photo shoot. Girl likes to take a picture. She was fussy at this point in the day so daddy had to hold her. She would fuss, then when I held the camera up she just smiled. Sweet as can be.



She really does have the biggest eyes. And they happen to be really pretty too :)
 This one cracks me up so much. She looks so very big here.






At 8 months, Saylor Claire:

*has 2 teeth on the bottom. And I have a sneaky suspicion some top teeth will be here soon.
*rolls as her mode of getting around. Although sometimes I wonder how she gets where she is without crawling. Has she been crawling behind my back???
*eats pears, prunes, bananas, butternut squash, peas, green beans, sweet potatoes, and puffs. I don't know that the puffs are that nutritious but they help her learn to chew food, so hey! Also, we went to the pediatric allergist today and got the go ahead to eat whatever, whenever. Well, not quite, but he did say that specific allergies are not inherited so I should not hold back on feeding her certain things just because I am allergic. If she is going to be allergic, we will just have to find out the hard way. there is no way to tell in advance. He actually said holding back could make their tendency to develop an allergy worse. Let the food tasting begin!
*talks pretty nonstop. And I LOVE it. All the time I turn down the radio just to hear her talk to herself, or me, or whoever. One day she had her eyes closed about to fall asleep and she was just chatting up a storm trying to stay awake. Funniest thing ever. She says mama, dada, bababa, nanana. You know. The usual. I think she knows now that she is talking to me when she says mama, because she says it when I go in and get her out of the bed.
*is a much better napper!! Whoot! We're talking 2 hours! But still needs some help at Nonnie's, bless her heart.
*weighs about 17 lbs. No stopping her!
*stares at absolutely everyone that crosses her path. She MAY be her mother's child :) I mean she stares.them.down. Good thing looks don't kill! She is my observant child. She notices everything.
*sleeps with lots of cloths. Lovies. Burpcloths. Bibs. Whatever. It's the first thing she does when she gets in bed. Grabs for her cloths.

This happened this morning.

 I heard her on the monitor at about 5:30 am. She usually sleeps until at least 6:30. And I don't go in and get her until 7:30, so I just let her be (she never cries when she wakes up, just plays). She had a dr appointment @ 7:30 this morning (who schedules an appointment that early with a baby??? ) so I went in at 6:45 and this is what I found. I guess she got tired before she could get it all off. haha What a silly girl.

About the dr. She did great as usual. Just stared people down. Ate. Played with my necklace. Never even had to take a toy out. And she acts like this all the time. (which is one reason she can just stay little forever) How do I deserve this?? I sure am blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment