Thursday, January 3, 2013

Happy Birthday, Saylor Claire!

Our girl is here! We had to MAKE her come, but she finally cooperated at 6:08 pm on Wednesday, December 5th. A week past her due date. I thought the labor and delivery was pretty fast and easy (yeah right!). All except the intense back labor I was having because she was sunny side up instead of face down. I TRIED to go natural and lasted 7 hours, but it just got to be too much. I demanded an epidural immediately. What?! It's going to take 30 minutes?! I can't last that long, I thought (and actually said to the nurse). I guess I didn't have a choice :) And I lasted. BEST.DECISION.EVER. Only to find out hours later it was a student nurse doing my epidural and she had a bit of trouble. (B said the looks on her face made him quite nervous.) Natural delivery? Never again! I say it was a fast delivery because the time seemed to fly by and they say most first labors are 12-14 hours. I was in labor a total of 9 hours including 30 minutes of pushing. That's fast in my world :)

Here's our 7 lb 10 oz, 20.5 inch sweetness:




Saweeeet!

Momma and her girl

 Apparently we like nicknames. And it comes natural to just call her anything but her actual name. Nicknames so far: SaySay, SayClaire, Sister (I know, she's not even a sister), Baby girl, Cousy SayClaire, Daddy especially likes to use Cupcake and Nina likes Pumpkin Doodle.

We do love our girl and are so glad she's finally here! She a blessing!

No comments:

Post a Comment