Tuesday, June 11, 2013

6 Months...less late than the 5 months post

Since I was so behind on posting about Say Say's 5th month, there's not much news to report. But we did go to the dr and got a great report. She weighs less than I thought (15 lb 4 oz, 50th percentile), or maybe she lost some weight during her episodes. She is 26 inches tall. :) I'm so paranoid that she is going to have food allergies like me. So Dr. S said we could see about a consultation with an allergist. I think I'll call this week. She hasn't had any food (just formula) for a week and seems to be doing better. Since it's probably the cereal that's stopping her up, Dr. S said she doesn't have to have it. Really she doesn't have to have baby food at all just yet. But she is so good at eating that I do want to continue feeding her solids. We will just monitor her. Oh and she drinks from a sippy once a day. You know...to keep in practice. Today was the first time she had water and she did just dandy.

She has started missing Momma. Twice this weekend she had been with someone else for a while and when she saw me, her face melted and she wailed. Sad. That makes me nervous about leaving her when I go back to work this week :( On a happy note, she has started reaching for people(in her own way). Melt my heart.

She is a great roller from her stomach and so COULD roll over from her back, but doesn't :) She will when she wants to I suppose. ALSO, she tries REALLY hard to go places. Especially if a toy is involved. Big girl wants to crawl and I'm sure it won't be too long until she is a pro at it.

She is a great player. As in she will play independently for 20 minutes without a peep. She just lays in her pack in play with several toys and plays it up. She can grab the different toys and even scoot if one is too far away. She does awesome!

The girl stares. And it is embarrassing sometimes. She stares always and will crack a smile if you talk to her. We were in Baby Jacks the other night and she worked hard to turn backwards and stare at this older couple. Thankfully they thought she was cute and talked to her so she busted out the gummy grin, which makes her even cuter. So this couple didn't seem to mind the stares, but I told Brent we will surely have to teach this little one some manners ASAP.

On to the cuteness.







Big ole eyes!








I love that she can wear bows! Less comments from "older" people :) I may or may not wet her hair so it will look extra cute :)
 In case you were wondering...she looks JUST like her daddy. With a plumper face. Truth.

No comments:

Post a Comment