Saturday, January 21, 2012

Was There a First Christmas???

Who doesn't take pictures of their first Christmas as a married couple??? Me :( I'm sure I'll be regretting this for a while. I'm really trying to be a picture-taker, it's just taking time. (I want a "big" camera, but hubs has informed me that I have to prove I'll use it if he buys me one. Let the picture taking BEGIN!!) Well I do have a couple of pics from Christmas I'll share. First, let me tell you about it. B's family always has several Christmases. Thursday night (before Christmas, obviously) we went to his parents' and had dinner with Meemaw and Grandaddy (his dad's parents) and exchanged gifts with them. We opened several gifts from his parents as well. Friday we went over there and just opened some more presents from his parents and gave them their gifts. Saturday evening ensued just the same as Thursday just with different grandparents. This time with Mawmaw and Pawpaw (they spell it Mama and Papa, but I don't feel like that's correct spelling. :)) With Christmas being on Sunday, Brent and I headed to church, then to my mom's. Usually we go to my aunts with the rest of the Whitney family but my aunt got sick so there was a last minute change of plans. Everything went smoothly and we enjoyed a relaxing afternoon with mom,Gran, j&a, El G, and Chris and Shamecca and lots of food, of course! We missed being with the rest of family, but enjoyed just relaxing. Oh! Brent (yes, Brent) decided that we should open our presents early since we would be working and gone everyday until Christmas. That was ok with me! He got me a cheaper big camera (that I will use a lot!), some sewing tools, and some gloves that have the mitten cover. I got him tools and he was thrilled. now for the few pics I have...

Our 1st (borrowed) tree

Loves some tools
These are the few from Brent's parents'
This one is actually at our house, but he's just so cute


and silly


This is backwards!! It's usually me asleep. (forget my face haha)





And these are the ones at my mom's... mostly cuteness

so pretty in her Christmas dress

"In" her pillow pet


We had a wonderful week of celebrating Christ's birth and a great 1st Christmas(although mostly undocumented).

No comments:

Post a Comment